About the fund
Area: Across England in areas close to Viola sites. Their Postcode Checker enables you to check your project is located in an area they fund.
Suitable for: Constituted not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and Environmental Bodies.
Funding size: Between £10,000 and £75,000.
Application deadline: There are four funding rounds each year: April, July, September, 4th deadline to be confirmed.
The Community Grant Scheme is available to constituted not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and Environmental Bodies. Grants of between £10,000 and £75,000 are available to create or improve buildings or outside spaces for the benefit of the community.
The Trust is looking to fund any of the following:
- a project which will result in improvements to a single site
- physical improvement works to a building or outdoor space which has public access: e.g. community centre, public park, play area, skate park, MUGA, sports ground, woodland, nature reserve, community garden, public right of way, inland waterway
- a project with all permissions (e.g. planning) in place
- a project where the applicant is the landowner or has a formal agreement (e.g. a lease) with the landowner, with at least six years of the term remaining
- a project on local authority-owned land, where the council will provide written consent for the project to take place
When considering your application, the Trust will look at how your project will:
- Benefit as many people as possible, reaching out to communities, improving lives and bringing people together
- Actively encourage the whole community to use your building or outside space for the maximum time possible
- Deliver a project that the community has identified
- Actively involve volunteers and the community
- Have a positive effect on your local environment
- Achieve good value, by creating a lasting improvement for your community