The £3m Violence Against Women and Girls Grassroots Fund is open for applications. The aim of the Fund is to support the resilience of London organisations focussed on ending violence against women and girls by providing two-year grants of up to £100,000, capacity building, peer support and networking events.
The Fund has the following aims:
- Support grassroots organisations to sustain their services, especially in light of the coronavirus crisis.
- Build the capacity of existing services for women and girls affected by violence against.
- Sustain effective interventions when organisations are facing challenges in continuing service delivery, including maintaining existing services, whilst supporting the stability of grassroots organisations.
- Increase the accessibility of grassroots organisations best placed to respond to the need of London’s diverse communities for whom mainstream, generic provision is not always appropriate or safely accessible.
- Fund services that are responsive to communities of protected demographic groups at a grassroots level and can reach survivors across borough boundaries, particularly in areas where there are gaps in provision.
- Sustain services for survivors to allow opportunities for recovery, allowing them the time to heal, be empowered, gain independence and address the multiple issues they may face.
- Survivors experience better outcomes as a result of the Fund validating and sharing best practice.
- Develop networks of experts in services tackling violence against women and girls to build overall sector capacity.
- Support the voluntary and community sector to undertake robust performance monitoring and evaluation methods to demonstrate what difference the funding has made and what works.
The Fund will prioritise:
- BME organisations focusing on ending violence against women and girls.
- Women’s community organisations where delivery services aimed at ending violence against women and girls is the main focus.
- Specialist community organisations (e.g. disability rights groups providing services aimed at ending violence against women and girls).
The fund is administered by the London Community Foundation, who will be holding virtual Meet the Funder events on Zoom in November/December 2020. Details will be announced on their website.
About The Fund
Suitable for: Constituted voluntary and community groups that have a minimum of three unrelated members responsible for the governance of the organisation, registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CICs), charitable companies limited by guarantee, Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs).
Funding size: Up to £100,000.
Application deadline: 11th January 2021.