About the fund
Suitable for: Organisation running of services benefitting children/young people that have an income of less than £250,000.
Funding size: Up to £50,000. Organisations are advised to ask for the additional funding they need to survive the next 6 months.
Application deadline: Midnight Sunday 18th July 2021.
The UK Youth Fund – Covid Resilience has been established in partnership with the Julia & Hans Rausing Trust to ensure the sustainability of grassroots youth organisations that have struggled due to the pandemic. Funding is offered to facilitate the reopening and continuation of youth provision to pre-pandemic levels.
The fund is suitable for organisation which meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual income of less than £250,000 showing in your last annual accounts
- Operate from a consistent space or venue where young people can meet regularly and participate in ongoing youth work activities (centres that are temporarily closed due to Covid-19 are still eligible to apply).
- Have as its primary purpose the running of services benefitting children/young people.
- Deliver youth work through a range of services/activities (or if focused on one activity, e.g. sport, delivers this within a youth work context that focuses on personal and social development).
- Have been operational for at least two years, was financially viable before the impact of the pandemic and can provide annual accounts to demonstrate this.
You can spend the grant on essential business expenditure that you expect to incur between 1st August 2021 – 31st January 2022, such as staff salaries, and fixed/operational costs, including:
- Utility and insurance costs.
- Facility or necessary equipment costs that will not be capitalised in your accounts.
- Core staffing costs (including youth workers).
- Equipment to ensure compliance with public health requirements.
- Professional fees (e.g. accountancy).
- Other basic expenses (e.g. travel, marketing, stationary).