Funding is available to UK organisations working to support young people living with a mental health problem, physical disability or growing up in poverty through the mediums of sport and education.
“The Foundation’s objectives are underpinned by the desire to give those under the age of 18, and living with a mental health condition, disability, or growing up in poverty, the opportunity to fulfil their potential whilst improving wellbeing, self-esteem and independence.”
Applications are welcome for projects that support one or more of the following:
- Enables individuals to experience the mental and physical health benefits of participatory sport
- Ensures participatory sport is accessible
- Provides sporting or educational activities that foster life skills
- Aims to improve academic engagement and attainment
- Encourages the development of skills and personal attributes to aid future employability
About The Fund
Area: The UK. However priority will be given to organisations based in and/or working in the South West.
Suitable for: Registered Charities or Charitable Incorporated Organisations, Schools and Further Education Colleges (usually exempt charities), and NHS Trusts.
Funding size: Not specified, however the Foundation states that it expects to distribute around £2,000,000 per year.
Application deadline: There is no deadline, applications will be accepted at any time.