The Allen Lane Foundation’s Social Cohesion Programme The Foundation is seeking applications from community-led grassroots groups and organisations which have a focus of work being at a very local/community level, which could be a housing estate or distinct community.
The aim of the programme is:
- to proactively work towards building better community cohesion and trust, and encouraging respect and understanding in the local area
- to proactively promote the inclusion of marginalised groups and individuals in the life of the local community; and
- to fund work which breaks down barriers and tensions in the local community thereby reducing feelings of division and “them and us
Applications will be particularly encouraged from areas of high deprivation but not exclusively.
- Area: UK wide
- Suitable for: Community-led grassroots groups and organisations
- Total available: Not specified.
- Application deadline: Continuous rolling process. Applications will be considered at the next Trustees meeting (generally held in February, June and October). All applications received now, and until Monday 9th December, will be considered in the current round. All applications received after Monday 9th December will be considered in the round leading up to our June 2020 Trustee meeting.