About The Fund
Suitable for: Not-for-profit organisations. “Additionally, we do not accept proposals from NHS trusts, hospitals, schools/colleges, statutory bodies including local authorities, and non-registered organisations without constitutions”. Applicants must have an income of between £75,000 and £10 million.
Funding size: Up to £70,000.
Application deadline: 12th February 2021.
The Tech for Good 2021 ‘Build’ programme will enable organisations or partnerships to define, test and develop digital solutions over nine months that meet a social need or challenge. The funders are interested in applications from partnerships or consortia between multiple not-for-profits that aim to work together to address or improve a service delivery problem in their area of work.
Applicants should be seeking to work in one or more of Comic Relief’s four core issue areas: Children Survive and Thrive, Global Mental Health Matters, Fighting for Gender Justice, or A Safe Place to Be. Comic Relief would also welcome applications addressing challenges related to disability and inclusion outside of the themes specified above, as we understand the critical potential of digital technology in tackling these issues.
A wide range of digital interventions will be considered and our aim is to fund projects and organisations that:
- Are focused on specific and clear user needs in their design, delivery and development
- Demonstrate a clear purpose for the use of tech and why it would be meaningful in your organisation
- Must be able to demonstrate resource and buy-in at senior and organisational level to manage and deliver the project you are proposing
- Must have adequate time budgeted for your project lead to participate in the programme
- Demonstrate the enthusiasm to engage with a collaborative cohort of funded partners.
- Make best use of existing technology
- Are sharable with other parts of the not-for-profit sector