The Rural Community Energy Fund is a £10 million programme awarding grants to rural communities in England to develop renewable energy projects with a broader social and economical impact in their community.
This fund is being run by 5 regional Local Energy Hubs and it have two stages:
- stage 1: grants of up to £40,000 for a feasibility study for a renewable energy project
- stage 2: grants of up to £100,000 for business development and planning of feasible scheme
If you would like to register your interest for the scheme, or would like further information, please contact the relevant hub for your area according with the hubs list in the following link
- Area: England
- Suitable for: Renewable energy projects in rural communities
- Total available: Grants of up to £40,000 (1st stage) and £100,000 (2nd stage).
- Application deadline: Ongoing. Assessed quaterly.