Project Category: Other
Urban Growth is a practical and therapeutic work-based recovery programme based in Camden Town. We provide horticultural training in organic food growing and informal therapeutic support to individuals with severe and enduring mental health issues. Through horticultural training, participants gain personal and vocational skills to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
The programme is based at two sites near Camden Road, within easy access of each other.
What does Urban Growth offer?
- Two supported working-training days on site (10am-3pm)
- A six month programme with monthly progress reviews
- Structured organic horticultural training
- A safe friendly supportive environment
- Development of life skills and soft skills
- Small supportive groups
Who can join Urban Growth?
- A history of mental health problems
- London residents aged eighteen and above
- Appropriate mental health support in place, i.e. care coordinator, mental health nurse, psychiatrist
- Able to commit to two full days per week for six months
- Free of any drug and alcohol problems for at least six months
- No history of physical violence towards another person for at least twelve months
Do get in touch if you’d like more information about the referral process or the programme more generally.
Owner verified listing