UK Youth Climate Coalition
Project Category: Other
The UK Youth Climate Coalition are recruiting!
Are you looking for an exciting volunteering opportunity? Are you aged between 18 and 29? Do you want to meet great people, develop new skills and be part of the global movement to stop climate change?
Who are we?
UKYCC is a youth led organisation who mobilises and empowers young people to take positive action for global climate justice. We envision a just and sustainable world in which current and future generations enjoy and protect a healthy environment.
We are looking for people who share this vision. You don’t have to be a climate science expert or a protester (though we like those people too!) UKYCC is a space to learn and grow, to meet people who share your passion and develop new skills and confidence to take on challenges.
Most of the time we work remotely, talking regularly online – so whether you live in rural area, urban area, or at your Mum’s house, we want you! The more diverse our members our, the wider range of skills we can encompass, and the more stories we can share as UK Youth.
When you join UKYCC we will ask you to indicate which working group you would be most interested in.
- UK Gas Campaign – working to bring an end to fossil gas in the UK
- The Community Working Group – working in local communities to empower other young people to make their area more sustainable
- The COP Working Group – the team we send to represent youth voices at the international climate change conferences held by the UNFCCC
- The Communications Team – streamlining UKYCC’s social media and communications platforms (find their work onTwitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)
- The Operations Team – the organisational backbone of UKYCC
For more information about each team take a look at our Recruitment Pack!
Once you’re comfortable at UKYCC we’d also be keen for you to take on operational responsibilities and help us in the day to day running of the organisation; this might include fundraising, recruitment, finance, wellbeing.
Your role is highly varied; you will have the opportunity to contribute to strategy planning, designing of materials, creating blogs, attending and speaking events and so much more. It is our members who shape our organisation– so if you have a great idea just let us know!
A young person aged between 18 and 29 who:
– Is motivated and enthusiastic about affecting change and achieving climate justice
– Understands the importance of getting youth voices heard
– Is willing to learn about consensus-based decision making
– Can work independently as well as part of a team
We need to work together to get stuff done, we ask that all our members don’t commit to more than they can achieve, otherwise other members have to pick up the slack.
– Is comfortable and respectful working in a diverse, anti-oppressional setting
UKYCC has a zero tolerance policy towards discrimination
– Has 3-5 hours to commit to UKYCC each week
We understand that life is unpredictable and that as a volunteer you will have to work your contribution around anything else you do. So you can make this time whenever suits you.
– Has good access to Internet, both for Skype calls and checking your emails/Slack regularly
– Can commit to weekly Skype calls with your team.
– Can stay with us for at least 1 year.
Sounds like you?! We are looking for 10-15 people to join across our teams. This is how to apply:
- Fill in our anonymous application form and equality and diversity monitoring form by Sunday 17th June.
- We will contact you by 1st July to let you know whether you have made it through to our Skype interview stage.
- Our successful applicants will join UKYCC before the end of July!
UKYCC is changing and learning all the time. We value questions, feedback and input from anyone, anytime, both on how we can deliver our missions and how we can be as welcoming, open and inclusive as possible. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can reach our Recruitment Coordinator Serena at: email@example.com
We want as many people as possible to apply for this incredible opportunity. Please do pass on to those interested in your networks.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour and LGBTQIA+ candidates, although ALL applications will be considered on their own merit. We are committed to breaking down all barriers to participation in the UK movement for Climate Justice and we do all we can to welcome everyone to engage fully, particularly people who are disabled or on a low income.
Owner verified listing