Streatham Common Co-operative
Project Category: Social Enterprise
Streatham Common and the Rookery are some of Streatham’s best-loved landmarks.
SCCoop will run services on the common for Lambeth Council, as a not-for-profit business accountable to local people who will own SCCoop by buying shares for £1.
By removing the layers of management with multinational contractors and by being directly accountable to the local community, it should be more efficient and responsive to local needs.
All profits will be put back into the services on the common, and hopefully it can raise new funding too for exciting projects the community wants.
- Create a locally owned and accountable not-for-profit organisation to manage the common and put all profits back into the common
- Manage Streatham Common and the Rookery better. More efficient, more transparent, more professional and more accountable
- Deliver services based on the priorities of the local community to create a feeling of local ownership and pride
- Find new sources of income and encourage partnerships with local charities and businesses
- Provide a higher number of permanent, clearly identifiable and accessible staff based on the common
Owner verified listing
The Rookery, Streatham Common South, LONDON