St. Peters Community Wellbeing Projects – Gardening Club
Project Category: Registered charity
St. Peters Community Gardening Club will help to develop an Environmentally Friendly Garden Space for the benefit of the local community. It will enable residents from local estates, particularly elderly women & others experiencing isolation to have a meeting space, to do gardening, enjoy the environment without fear, threat or intimidation & meet their neighbours.
With the help of the volunteers, the Community Gardening Club will
- Enable at least 40 local women, the primary beneficiary group identified, particularly elderly and those experiencing isolation to have a meeting space where they can relax, meet their neighbours, enjoy their environment without fear, threat or intimidation.
- Help them carry out physically active gardening activities that will promote health and fitness and positive social relations in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Provide an organic gardening and food growing space for the residents, who do not have access to a gardening facility in their own flat.
- Address the desire for gardening of the elderly women, most of whom have responded that they haven’t had the opportunity to do gardening since leaving their homeland almost 50 years ago.
- Teach, train and build skills about nature, teamwork, volunteering, for at least 5 volunteers.
- Enable people with disabilities to participate in Gardening through raised bed provisions.
- The Nursery children based downstairs will also be able to enjoy and experience the natural environment.
Owner verified listing
1 Marian Place, London