“Social Art” at Nucleus Arts
Project Category: Registered charity
- Our Story
“Social Art” at Nucleus Arts will provide a much-needed opportunity for anyone in Chatham and the surrounding areas to meet and enjoy a shared passion of creativity, regardless of where they come from, or the barriers they are facing in their lives.
Weekly sessions facilitated by experienced artists will enable those who attend to explore a variety of creative mediums.
Social Arts overarching goal is to enhance peoples lives through creativity. The project will see participants:
- Improve their mood,outlook on life and put a smile on their face;
- Improve in self-worth and self-esteem
- Rebuild their sense of dignity
- Start to challenge their limits by developing new skills and talents
- Increase their sense of empowerment and accomplishment
- Challenge/improve their perceptions of their economic and social potential.
- Seize new opportunities
- Extend concentration levels and memory
- Feel an improved sense of well-being which has taken their mind from their aches, pains, addictions
- Increase their mobility
- Increase their number of social interactions
- Embrace new aspects of their identity
Ultimately, we want them to help them recognise their positive contribution to their community and broker support into a new outcome (e.g. further engagement, training, voluntary roles, employment, self-employment) .