Project Category: Registered charity
SH – The charity for homeless and vulnerable people in London
Established by a group of homeless people, SHP began with one property in Pimlico in 1975. Today, SHP supports some of Londons most vulnerable people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, through the provision of supported housing and community-based support services. We work with our clients to understand their psychological and emotional needs, to support them with their recovery and to enable them to develop the resources to live independently and achieve personally meaningful goals.
As the underlying causes of homelessness are complex and varied, our services specialise in:
- Supporting people with mental ill health who are leaving hospital or facing exclusion from other services
- Reducing harm from substance addiction and helping people access appropriate treatment
- Supporting people with multiple needs, for example those who have a mental health diagnosis and are also addicted to substances, to navigate and access services
- Helping rough sleepers to move off the streets and rebuild their lives
- Supporting young people who are homeless or leaving care to manage the transition to independent living
- Supporting people with offending histories related to their substance use or a mental health condition to re-integrate into the community
- Enabling all clients to grow in confidence and access training, education and employment opportunities.
We have a proven track record in making a positive difference to the wellbeing of the people we support, and we are committed to our mission of reducing poverty, social exclusion and homelessness, and making a lasting improvement to our clients quality of life.
Owner verified listing
245 Gray's Inn Road, London