Ribble Life Together
Project Category: Other
The Ribble Life Together project is the Ribble Rivers Trusts flagship project which aims to bring together members of the local community and businesses to work on a range of activities which will improve the catchment for people and wildlife.
The Ribble Trust is pleased to announce that we have received funding from the Greggs Foundation Community Challenge Fund to help us to deliver these exciting benefits and activities.
The Greggs Foundation funding will help us to:
- Deliver River Detectives workshops to 10 different school classes between November 2016 and July 2017
- Deliver Active Rivers with 2 school classes to plant 200 trees in the winter of 2016/2017.
- Attend 12 events and shows over the summer of 2017 to engage with the public and increase river unawares
- Improve footpath infrastructure on 3 circular walks to increase accessibility and promote rivers and streams as a recreational resource
- Run 3 volunteer workshops on surveying invertebrates, otters and barriers to fish migration between April 2017 and September 2017.
- Provide 4 work experience placements for 16- 18 year olds during the summer of 2017.
You can find out more about the Greggs Foundation Community Challenge Fund on our website.
Owner verified listing