My Sisters’ House Women’s Centre
Project Category: Community Interest Company
Who is My Sisters’ House?
Embedded in the Bognor Regis community, My Sisters’ House Women’s Centre works across the coastal area of West Sussex. We provide a range of support needs to women from all backgrounds facing all kinds of issues where their strengths are recognised, their difficulties acknowledged and where they can achieve positive change, they are proud of.
Since opening, we have worked with almost 900 women, with a steady growth year on year:
2015: 28 2016: 119 2017: 264 2018: 293 2019: 274 (to date)
We aim to help women have;
- Meaning and purpose: feeling that what they do in life is valuable, worthwhile, and valued by
- Supportive relationships: the extent and quality of interactions in close relationships with family, friends, and others who provide
- Optimism: feeling optimistic about their future and
- Autonomy: feeling free to do what they want and having the time to do
How do we Help?
GENERAL SERVICES: advice, support, training and workshops for all women
- Drop In Sessions for advice on any issues and to self-refer to our services
- Advocacy work for women with mental health issues/multiple issues
- Referral and inter-agency work
- Counselling using qualified in-house volunteer counsellors
- Confidence Courses, Overcoming Anxiety Together programme.
- Crafternoon Peer Group
- Tea and Talk sessions for any woman isolated and in need of company
STRONGER FUTURES: support for women who are living with or are in recovery of domestic abuse
- Domestic Abuse Advice Clinics
- One-to-one sessions and casework (for as long as required, no time limit.)
- Stronger Futures Peer Group
- DART (Domestic Abuse Recovery Together): 10-week programme for mum and child
- Counselling using qualified in-house volunteer counsellors, including one counsellor with specialist training in PTSD.
STEP FORWARD: increasing women’s employability with mentoring and support
- One-to-one sessions and life coaching
- Employability workshops
- Visualisation, mindfulness and creativity sessions
- Family ‘Play and Learn’ sessions
How can you Help us?
Please have a look at our website for more information about how you can help by giving your time, expertise or money.
Owner verified listing
Bognor Regis, England