Intact Preston Lancashire
Project Category: Registered charity
Environmental Project at Ingol
Ingol Community Centre (Intact) in Preston has now obtained funding to enable them to work with children from the local school (Ingol Primary School) on a major environmental project. This consists of an eight week summer term programme and will involve up to 10 children participating in a wide number of events including
- Making bee, bug and bird boxes
- Sowing meadow flowers in various areas
- Sowing vegetable seeds
- Planting out vegetables in raised beds
- Growing tomatoes and cucumbers in a bottle greenhouse
- Planting out bee friendly shrubs
- Attending Reuse and Recycle workshops.
- Visit Brockholes Environmental Park and Martin Mere.
- A nature walk in the local area with search activities.
- Producing dishes from some of the fruit grown at the Centre which will be served in the Centre’s cafe.
The courses would be run by Intact Centre staff and a range of volunteers and will start in this school year (2013).
At the end of the project the pupils will make a presentation to the school colleagues, teachers and parents.
Owner verified listing
46 Whitby Ave, Ingol, Preston