Holland Park Conservation Volunteers
Project Category: Public Sector organisation
The Ecology Service offers the opportunity to help us carry out practical conservation work in Holland Park through conservation workdays every third Saturday of the month. Hundreds of hours of volunteer work have been given to improve our wildlife areas. Tasks range from meadow cutting, building dead-hedges, pond maintenance, building stag beetle loggeries, woodland management and more. The improvements link in with the priorities identified in the Local Biodiversity Action Plan.
If you are looking to try something new, gain skills, improve your career prospects for conservation work, meet new people or just get your hands dirty then why not join Holland Park Conservation Volunteers?
- Join us from 10.30am to 3pm
- Come for all or part of the session (please let us know if you will be arriving late so we can direct you to a meeting point – 07739 317337)
- Refreshments, gloves, tools and instructions provided
- Wear sturdy shoes and clothes – you might get dirty!
- Bring waterproofs and lunch
- Meet at Holland Park cafe
Upcoming dates in 2016
- 20 August – sowing seed in meadows, woodland management
- 17 September – Scything wilflower meadows, wildlife pond recreation, sowing seed
- 15 October – Scything meadows, pond work, wildlife garden management
For more information please contact the Ecology Team on 020 7938 8186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Owner verified listing