Project Category: University / College
Growhampton is a sustainability initiative with a big focus on food growing.
It was established in September 2013 and is funded by the NUS Student Green Fund. Growhampton is delivered by Roehampton Students Union in partnership with the University of Roehampton.
All students and staff at Roehampton embed sustainability in their everyday lives on campus and beyond.
To establish growing spaces and a hub for sustainability which provides training and volunteering opportunities, enabling students,
staff and the wider community to learn about sustainability and have a positive impact on the environment.
1. Establish a growing space for each college and a main growing site providing produce
2. Create a hub for sustainability on campus
3. Deliver a program of training, events and volunteer opportunities
4. Create a biodiversity trail including interpretation
5. Integrate Growhampton into research and training by working with academic departments
6. Establish a green fund to provide opportunities for student and staff lead projects
- Healthy lifestyle
- Outdoor activity
Owner verified listing
Roehampton Student's Union, University of Roehampton, Roehampton Lane, London