Gardening instructor wanted for exciting new start-up!
Project Category: Business
Who we are
Were an exciting new start-up running live outdoor gaming missions for kids aged 7-11.
Rooted in experiential learning, our Missions help children challenge themselves in nature through outdoor experimentation and thrills, bushcraft, wildlife exploration and food growing.
Using gaming principles and mobile technology, we offer immersive and interactive experiences that truly enthuse children, nurture imagination and develop lifelong skills.
What we offer
We run after-school clubs from Monday to Friday, weekend clubs on Saturday mornings and holiday clubs during the school holidays throughout the year.
Our Missions are highly structured to ensure challenge, progression and skills development for the children. They have been designed for groups of twenty 7-11 children at a time and include 12 sessions of varying length, depending on the club.
Mission facilitation includes a team of 3:
- An Activity Lead with overall responsibility for delivering the Mission
- An Expert Gardening Instructor with nature skills
- An Activity Assistant to support with technology and logistics
All our after-school clubs take place in school, whilst the weekend and holiday clubs take place in a more natural location with both outdoors and indoors facilities.
Were looking for an energetic and creative Gardening Instructor who will love working with kids, sharing their interest in plants and gardening and will get excited about delivering the best nature experience for the children.
What youll be doing
- Youll be THE Expert, showing kids how to plant, grow and harvest a range of plants, explaining the different uses of plants and plant biology, and getting them interested in wildlife
- Youll be comfortable in character, acting as a role model for the kids and supporting their confidence in nature
- Youll enjoy collaboration and working with a motivated team of facilitators
What well need from you
- A basic level of gardening knowledge
- A high energy and playful outlook with an understanding of what makes children tick
- An ability to be assertive, earning respect from the children
- A basic level of experience of using tablet and mobile technology
Location and working hours
- The role is based at Eltham College in South East London
- This job description applies only to the holiday clubs (May half-term and summer holidays)
- This role is currently a freelance opportunity
- Remuneration based on experience, but competitive as the quality of the experiences will dictate the success of the company
Owner verified listing