Friends of Red House Ramble
Project Category: Informal community group
We work collaboratively with the council to enhance the local environment and facilitate wildlife richness by
Thinning out inappropriate trees to allow light to penetrate the area.
Removing some areas of bramble to replace with native hedge line.
We want to
1. open areas to plant with native plants
2. continue the log and wood chip path using logs and chippings from thinned trees
3. create habitat piles using brash which cannot be chipped
The council will undertake the heavy duty work on the understanding that we do the low level clearance, maintenance, planting and pathways.
1. meet fortnightly to undertake the tasks and
2. hold monthly committee meetings.
1. to engage new members, volunteers and
2. promote the new use of the space which in turn improves the natural surveillance of the area limiting and discouraging antisocial behaviour
Owner verified listing
13 Melbury, Red House Farm, Whitley Bay