Forest Recycling Project
Project Category: Social Enterprise
FRP is a social enterprise and charity with environmental and social aims. We engage with organisations and communities in London through a range of practical initiatives to reduce, re-use and recycle waste. Based in Walthamstow in East London, we have been in operation since 1989. All our work and activities are supported by volunteers.
Our work focuses on the following five projects:
- FRP Centre: The FRP Centre hosts FRPs The Paint Place Shop from where we distribute and sell reclaimed paint. We also sell a small selection of furniture (including items upcycled with paint) plus reclaimed scaffolding boards. The FRP Centre can be hired for community-focused meetings and events.
- The Paint Place: FRP collects surplus, leftover paint from Re-use & Recycling Centres and commercial companies. The paint is then sorted, quality-checked, re-mixed if need be, and sold as a green, low-cost alternative to new paint, including for lower income customers, community groups, charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- Give or Take: FRP organises community-based waste exchange events for London boroughs, social housing providers, residents groups and other partners. These money free events enable people to give away re-usable things they dont need or take things they do; they encourage community engagement and divert re-usable goods from going to landfill.
- Green Office: FRP collects office paper for recycling from small businesses and not-for-profit organisations within the London Borough of Waltham Forest and adjoining areas. Both a normal and confidential waste paper collection service is provided. We also collect small amounts of cardboard, and sell 100% recycled, A4 white paper for everyday office use.
- Volunteering: All FRP projects are supported by volunteers. We provide volunteering opportunities for adults with all levels of skills and experience.
Charity registration no. 1151578.
Company limited by guarantee no. 2427258.
Owner verified listing
2c Bakers Avenue, Walthamstow