Project Category: Other
Embercombe exists to fulfil a mission which is expressed as:
To touch hearts, stimulate minds and inspire committed action for a truly sustainable world.
Humanity stands at a cross roads – we live at a time when the choices we make today determine the way our children will live tomorrow. Making the right choices depends upon our vision and courage – yours and that of others in the communities you live and work. Embercombe exists to encourage you to be the leader you could be, inspired, resolute, and resilient.
This is the time to step forward. Young or old, rich or poor, over or under worked, happy or miserable – every single one of us is needed to make the difference. We are the people we have been waiting for.
Embercombe invites people and organisations on a journey to discover their own potential as leaders. Engagement with the land is key to our work.
- With small children, a seed of awe and wonder is sown to nurture a deep and life-long love of nature
- For older children and teenagers, Embercombe is an outdoor classroom of infinite possibilities, bringing the school curriculum to life
- Young adults explore the global challenges of our times in experiential ways and gain confidence to live life authentically and effectively.
- Families find community and explore sustainability through work, play and conversation around meal tables and at the fireside
- Adults participate in programmes, volunteer or attend Friends’ Working Weekends and find ways to effect positive change in their lives and in the world
We provide bespoke courses to businesses; charities, organisations; schools, colleges and universities seeking sustainable change through team building, executive leadership, personal development, hands-on science, crafts and creative expression.