COVID-19 Community Relief Programme
Project Category: Community Interest Company
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have rapidly adapted The Little Edi Foundation’s activities to respond to the needs of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people in communities across Essex. Owing to our grassroots commitments, we have been able to readily and availably identify and support the households who are most at risk and vulnerable to COVID-19 and its impacts. By working closely within our local communities we have earned their trust and respect to provide invaluable assistance in a crisis.
Our COVID-19 Community Relief Programme responds to the following urgent needs:
- Children and their families facing hunger as a result of: loss of employment, reduced income, difficulty obtaining government benefits, lack of supplies at local food bank.
- Children suffering from poor hygiene and living in unclean households as parents/carers are unable to afford hygiene and sanitary products.
- Children unable to carry out their school work as they can’t afford stationery supplies and don’t have the necessary technology to access and print workbooks.
- Parents/carers experiencing confusion and anxiety over government advice.
- Loneliness amongst the local elderly, particularly in care homes as they are unable to have visitors.
To respond to community members urgently in need of our support we are:
- Supplying and distributing food parcels, hygiene packs, school supplies and activity books.
- Supporting our local food banks by donating food, hygiene packs and clothing.
- A one-stop-shop for parents and carers in need of guidance and reassurance.
- Shopping for essential items and medication for those who are unable to or have difficulty leaving their homes.
- Writing weekly letters to local elderly care home residents.
- Gardening for local elderly.
Our expected outcome is to reduce the detrimental impact of COVID-19 to vulnerable and at risk children and their families in communities across Essex. We hope to be able to sustain this project on a long term basis to continue supporting vulnerable children and young people through the social, economic and health impacts that will remain prevalent during and after this pandemic. The learnings from this project will also help shape future projects by outreaching beyond the organisation’s existing target beneficiaries and gain a better understanding of how we can support local needs.
Owner verified listing