Community Workshops & Gardens @ Holme Farm
Project Category: Registered charity
Proposed Community Workshops & Gardens @ Holme Farm
CWG@HF is a multi-facility approach to health, wellbeing and community, and will provide a therapeutic environment in which people within North Surrey can socialise, learn and thrive. A place for individuals to find support and get involved in activities and programmes, to improve their mental and physical health.
Workshops, gardens, wildlife across 8 acres.
We are using a wholesystem perspective to ensure we have real success in health interventions and bringing people together. The different facilities and activities at CWG@HF will work holistically to maximise the wellbeing impact to those who attend, making a difference to our community in the following ways:
- Improved quality of life. Our aim is one of social inclusion; bringing communities together while also helping to improve mental and physical health, combating loneliness. By offering diversity in our facilities and activities, people will be encouraged to take part in new opportunities and see how working together benefits the wider community.
- Emotional and psychological wellbeing. Our ambition is to create a green space for the local community which offers a range of physiological, psychological, social, economic and environmental opportunities.
- Improvements in physical health and lifestyle. CWG@HF will offer opportunities for physical activity with craft workshops, gardening, tree planting, hedge maintenance and site improvement.
- Reductions in social isolation and loneliness. CWG@HF will provide much needed support and companionship to some of those most vulnerable in our community. Social isolation can be hugely damaging, and through a multi-faceted approach this unique initiative will have a positive impact on individuals’ health and wellbeing.
- Reductions in levels of depression and anxiety. We will work in partnership with health and social care organisations in North West Surrey, as well as charities and voluntary groups, to provide facilities that will offer diverse ways to improve physical and mental health.
- Improving the environment for our local community. Holme Farm is currently disused and overgrown, and we have ambitious plans to re-wild the site to create a vibrant woodland and wildflower meadow. We are committed to make nature accessible through feeding stations, ponds, hides and nest cameras. We are also looking to make this project sustainable by providing facilities that have longevity, and we aim to be zero carbon in the project’s build and operation.
- Increase employability prospects for people who are furthest away from the job market. There will be opportunities to participate in practical workshops to learn new skills, in the carpenter’s workshop, garden and orchard. Or join in more creative workshops, such as painting and sewing, or wildlife-based activities which can help to increase in self-esteem and confidence.
- Delivering ‘Green Care’ by providing nature-based interventions for all ages. Observing and being surrounded by nature has proven benefits for physical and mental wellbeing. We have an extensive biodiversity strategy and through our learning centre will encourage old and young alike to appreciate the wonders on their doorstep. We believe CWG@HF will play a significant role in supporting health and social care organisations across North West Surrey in tackling the wider determinants of mental health.
Owner verified listing
c/o 168 Woodham Lane KT15 3NH (Site: KT15 3TG)