Castlehaven Community Association Gardens & Horticulture Hub
Project Category: Registered charity
Castlehaven is a community association based in the heart of Camden Town, a stones throw away from Camden Lock Market. We have been working with the most disadvantaged sectors of the community for the last 31 years (e.g. young, unemployed, isolated elderly, lone parents etc).
Castlehavens mission is to ensure that everybody feels heard, valued and has the opportunity to try and/or learn something new in a positive, supportive environment. We do this by:
– Providing classes, groups and activities for all sections of the community.
– Representing local opinion at local, borough-wide and national forums.
– Exploring and developing innovative and effective ways of promoting social inclusion.
– Developing local solutions to local problems and promoting standards of good practice.
Castlehaven has four acres of green space that we’ve transformed into a vibrant and well-loved community space that is rich in biodiversity, and provides opportunities for the community to learn about gardening, food growing and conservation issues.
Recently, we’ve developed a new Community Horticultural Hub, a facility for horticultural education, including a greenhouse, green activities and community volunteering and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) volunteering days/events.
Our main aim for this amazing inner city green space is somewhere for the local community to enjoy using, be given lots of opportunities to get involved and for the plants, trees and wildlife to thrive.
- Get Fit, Get Active, Get Gardening: Give us a hand every Wednesday between 10.30am – 2.30pm to help us with ongoing tasks in our gardens and Horticulture Hub. All sessions are led by fully trained staff, and will provide all the training, tools and equipment you’ll need. Just come along in comfortable clothing and footwear; we’ll even make you a hot drink and provide biscuits. All welcome.
- Families Growing Together FREE After School Workshops: (Term-time only) Thursdays 3.45-5.45pm with tutor, Poppy Fishman. Come along to our gardening sessions to learn about food growing, plants, wildlife and creative activities with your child/ren. Starts Thursday, 14th Sept. 2017. Part of the Camden Health Kick programme.
- How Does The Garden Grow: On Thursdays (times and dates tbc, starting in Oct. 2017) Come along to our gardening sessions to learn new skills, improve your wellbeing and be part of the community. All welcome.
- Ageactivity 60+ Gardening Club: Tuesdays between 10.30am-12.30pm, starting 17th Oct 2017, with community gardener, Paul. If you’re over 60 and interested in gardening, why not come along to share your knowledge, learn new skills, socialise with others and help us transform our community gardens.
- The Littlehaven Nursery Green Fingers: Our social enterprise, The Littlehaven Nursery, will be holding 30-minute weekly sessions in the Hub for the children to learn about food growing, plants and wildlife.
- Plants With Paul: Bi-weekly drop in sessions held on Saturdays between 11:00am – 1:00pm starting on 14th October. Get to know the Hub, get your gardening questions answered and enjoy seasonal activities. All welcome.
- CSR Team Building Days/Events, please contact us for more information about these.
- Master classes in the Hub with horticulture experts
- Community festivals and seasonal events
- Private hire available, please contact us for more information
The Castlehaven Community Horticulture Hub, Corner of Hartland Road & Hawley Road, London, NW1 8DB
Wellness Gardening Workshops – Starting Tuesday August 28th!
The Horticultural Hub is pleased to announce that we'll be launching a new 8-week progra..
Owner verified listing
The Community Centre, 21 Castlehaven Road