Care for Carers
Project Category: Registered charity
Care for Carers is a Voluntary Organisation established in 1989 to provide support services to all carers, regardless of age, gender, disability or relationship of the person they care for. We deliver services to carers in Edinburgh and we deliver specific short breaks through our Stepping Out service to carers from across Scotland.
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
The aims of the organisation are to :
· Raise awareness of carers issues
· Promote early identification of carers
· Provide a range of support services
· Provide information to carers and staff
· Provide respite breaks and short breaks to carers in their own right
· Provide learning opportunities to carers
· Signpost carers and connect them to other services, locally and citywide
· Participate in all aspects and levels of Strategic Planning and Consultation
· Reduce carer isolation and promote social inclusion