Brunswick Primary School Garden
Project Category: School
- Our Story
The Brunswick Primary School gardening project will heighten childrens awareness and appreciation for the environment. Pupils will acquire gardening skills while learning about healthy eating. As well as attracting wildlife, the garden will provide a sanctuary for disadvantaged children. We will work with the local community to ensure the project is sustainable.
The project will improve our school environment by:
- introducing a variety of vegetables and flowers to the school playground and garden, stimulating the senses and improving awareness of the natural environment and its importance to us;
- providing a quiet area for children to retreat from the noise and commotion of the playground;
- attracting and sustaining beneficial wildlife, including important pollinators such as bees and butterflies;
- collecting rain from the greenhouse roof to water the plants;
- recycling waste from the school kitchen, providing a nutrient-rich additive for the plants.