Your privacy and safety is vitally important to us, and we take it very seriously.
1. WHO ARE WE?
Here at Semble (“we” or “us”) we’re keen to help people and organisations take forward their local community projects and ideas – by providing a networking platform connecting projects and people. By enabling people to share resources and knowledge, Semble is a fun, interactive and value-added place to be. As always, it’s important to have a few house rules to make sure Semble works for all involved. So please feel free to take a look at the points made below which run you through our commitment to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Semble’s registered office is located at The Ark, 237 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9NG, United Kingdom.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions related to data protection and privacy.
Semble is a trading name of Project Dirt Ltd. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office on the public register of data. Semble’s ICO details can be found on the ICO website here. Our registration number is: ZA288732, and Semble is a data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulation that came into force on 25 May 2018.
2. WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER
- sets out the nature and sources of the personal data that we collect about you
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains how long we keep your personal data for
- explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data
- sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
- explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
3. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- “Registration Information” you choose to provide to us including:
- your name;
- your age;
- your gender;
- your location;
- your areas of social and environmental interest;
- your email address; and
- any additional information about yourself.
- This Registration Information is available to you. If you have entered the information on projectdirt.com or semble.org, you may change it at any time on your Profile page. Please do update this information as soon as possible should any relevant changes occur.
- Details of your visits to any of our Sites [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, discussions, preferences and other communication data] and the resources that you access. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We may also collect information about the device you use to access the Site, including your IP address, operating system and browser, which we use to improve our site.
- Other personal information that you may communicate to us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
|Session ID||When you sign in as a registered user, this cookie recognises you when you visit pages on the Site, so you don’t have to sign in on each page.|
|CSRF Token||This is a security token which prevents your Semble account information being modified anywhere except via the Site.|
|FBS Cookie||This cookie enables you to sign in to the Site using your Facebook account details.|
|Messages Cookie||This cookie enables us to push banner messages to the top of Site pages if required.|
|Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to help understand how users use the Site. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the Site. Google will store this information (including your IP address) on servers in the United States. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can find out more at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
We will use your email address to communicate with you in the ways set out below. The email address that you use can be changed at any time through adjusting your settings on the Site (accessible via your Profile page).
3.1 Service Emails
Examples of the types of emails you will receive to help you use the Semble Service most effectively (“Service Emails”) are shown below:
- validation email;
- welcome emails;
- key service messages;
- new message notification and reminders;
- request emails to join your Friend’s/Project’s list or event(s); and
- service suspension notices.
3.2 Semble newsletters and email communications
We will ask your permission to be added to our mailing list to receive information about relevant community news, such as: events, community news, campaigns that we run and funding opportunities.
If you decide you no longer want to receive these email communications you may opt out at any time. Every email we send you will have an Unsubscribe link at the bottom.’
3.3 Offers, competitions and services from third party companies
We may give you the option to receive occasional information, offers and services from third party companies that we think you might like by email. You will always be given the opportunity to opt in to these offers before receiving them; you will never receive them unsolicited. If you decide you no longer want to receive these communications you will be able to unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
3.4 Emailing through the Semble Service
We do not make your email address directly available to anyone on any screen of the Semble Service. Of course, this doesn’t apply if you disclose your email address by posting it on the Site or sending it to another Registered User.
The only legitimate way of making contact with another Registered User or Project Page found on the Semble Service is for a Registered User to enter a message that we will send on their behalf.
We will notify the addressee, using the email address he/she has provided to us that Semble is holding an email for him/her, and the Registered User can collect the email when logged in to the Semble Service. Registered Users may check and (if required) change the email address we hold for them at any time through their “Account Settings” or by emailing us at: email@example.com.
Sent and received emails may appear in a Registered User’s Inbox on the Semble Service for an indefinite period – we do not delete them after any specific period. However, this does not mean that we will retain your email forever, and we may delete emails without notice for any reason.
3.5 Email communications to non-Registered Users
Registered Users of Semble can invite their friends to join the Semble service by email via our automated email service. Semble will store the email addresses provided by the Registered User for invite purposes only. These email addresses will not be stored on our database for longer than required for invite purposes. This data will also not be sold or passed on to a third party. Recipients of these communications can request the removal of their information from our database at any time by contacting Semble on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you have the non-registered user’s consent to sending them an invite before submitting a request.
4. USING AND SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
The principles we apply are these:
- the Semble Service may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymised demographic data provided by Registered Users to target this advertising more appropriately. [See section 1 above for more information about this];
- if all of the assets (or substantially all of them) which Semble uses to operate its business are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party so that the acquirer can continue to provide the Semble Service; and
- we may from time to time share anonymised data relating to your visits to our Site (including but not limited to traffic data) and the resources that you access to our partner organisations, such as content partners or sponsors.
We have in place security measures to protect our customer database and internal access to this database is restricted. However, it remains the responsibility of each Registered User:
- to protect against unauthorised access to your details;
- to keep your password secret;
- to ensure no-one else uses the Semble Service on your machine while it is “logged on” to the Semble Service; and
- to log off or exit from the Semble Service when you are not using it.
6. OTHER SITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. REMOVING YOURSELF FROM THE SEMBLE SERVICE
You may have your Registration Information removed from the Site at any time. To do so please contact us (see section 10) and we will remove all Your Registration Information from the public area of the Site within 1 calendar month from the date that your request was received.
Your Registration Information will be archived and stored for a necessary time period for legal reasons. Users should note that a Registered User’s content may have been copied or stored by other Registered Users and may remain so even after it has been removed from the Site. It may also remain cached and archived by those that have copied it.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may ask us to do any of the following in respect of your personal data:
- Provide you with access to it. In line with ICO guidance, Semble will charge a fee of £10 for a request for data (Subject Access Request). Semble is not required to provide the information requested until the fee is paid.
- Provide you with a copy of part of or all of it.
- Rectify any incorrect or incomplete details.
- Delete it.
9. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA OUTSIDE OF THE E.E.A
In some instances, Semble will work with overseas partners on projects or campaigns, and may share anonymised statistical data. Semble will not share your personal data with any overseas partners without first gaining your expressed permission.
The privacy laws of the country where the relevant partner is located may be different from those in the United Kingdom (where we are based and where your data is stored). If we transfer data to a country which has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards, we will always have contractual safeguards in place with the recipient to protect your personal data. You may ask us for a copy of these safeguards.
10. CONTACTING US
You have the right to access a copy of the information that we hold about you, or a description of that information. Please use the email address above to request this. We are entitled by law to charge you a small sum to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
Should you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data, you may contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/ or on +44 (0)303 123 1113.