The Semble family is growing! We’re looking for a bright, passionate, energetic and multi-tasking Office Assistant to support our hard-working CEO and team.
Could you be the next Sembler to join the team?
- Do you believe in the power of people coming together and taking positive action to change the world?
- Are you a brilliant and diligent organiser?
- Are you a self-starter who is comfortable with managing a busy to-do list in a start-up environment
- Do you have at least one year’s experience in supporting the management of and improving the systems and processes in a busy, project-led office environment?
If that’s four big ticks from you then you should definitely read on!
1. What is the purpose of this role?
Our community is thriving, with new projects and volunteers signing up every week, and new campaigns launching every month. We have a growing portfolio of partners and clients, and we work with some of the biggest businesses in the world.
Semble needs someone to help us make sure that whilst we deliver these world-changing projects and campaigns, our team is supported, and the office runs like a well-oiled machine.
2. What will the job be like (Job Description)
Busy, rewarding, challenging, varied and fun. And a good opportunity for someone looking to learn more about this type of environment and organisation. It could be a platform to other things, but first and foremost it is essential that any candidate can nail this role because it will quickly become a vital component of Semble’s team.
Overall, you will work closely with the Head of Operations to ensure the smooth running of the Semble office, including but not limited to:
- Keeping our space clean and tidy
- Regularly inputting improvement ideas for the office space, the systems and their smooth running
- Sorting and distributing post and parcels & sending post and parcels
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner. and taking and conveying messages when necessary
- Ensuring that stationery, equipment, kitchen supplies and office supplies are always readily available
- Making payments & distributing funding using the Semble bank account
- Using digital tools such as Slack, Trello, Xero, Harvest, G-Drive and Microsoft Office packages
- Various basic systems administration tasks, such as adding and removing people from digital tools
- Booking meetings, supporting the preparation of larger meetings and minute taking when necessary
- Organising team conference calls as and when required
- Assisting with organising workshops and events as and when required
- Supporting in the recruitment of new team members, from posting job ads to longlisting candidates
- Assisting with general campaign or communications support tasks as required
Assistant to the CEO:
- Maintaining an excellent level of communication at all times
- Managing the CEO’s calendar, booking meetings and proactively sending reminders
- Supporting the CEO in managing their priorities and task list
- Attend meetings with the CEO as necessary and taking notes to a high standard when required
3. What are you like? (Person Specification)
Most importantly, you will have bags of energy and enthusiasm, and be a joy to work with. That is an essential requirement for this role, so please think carefully about whether this is really you before you apply.
You will always be willing to get stuck in, and be comfortable with admin tasks, but genuinely excited by the opportunity to take on more.
You need to be comfortable using the Internet, Microsoft Office, Google Drive and happy using (or a demonstrably quick learner with) various digital tools including Xero, Harvest, Slack and Trello.
You’ll need to be really comfortable with picking up the phone and chatting to people, have great attention to detail, be happy to make tea and tidy up meeting rooms, and generally be willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, and love doing it!
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable commitment to the cause of trying to make the world a better place
- Previous Experience in a Related Role
- Excellent Customer Care Skills
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Ability to Maintain a Strict Level of Confidence
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs & GDrive
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Typing Skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Highly Motivated and Ability to Prioritize Efficiently
- Ability to Work Alone or As Part of a Team
- Enthusiastic and Reliable
4. About Semble and Our Community
Semble is the UK’s most active network of community projects with an online platform that currently hosts over 3,500 environmental and social projects. We connect community projects with local people and companies who want to help them to achieve their goals and join their story.
Our vision is: Bring people together to make a change
At Semble, we believe that anyone can change the world for the better if they have the right backing. Our campaigns help to bring the resources needed to support people who want to make a tangible difference in their local communities. And we build movements around important issues which engage millions of people.
We run projects such as #GreenerwithGreggs (an environmental fund for Greggs), #GivexCollaborate (a team-based volunteering campaign for Dentsu Aegis Network), #YourPintCan (a neighbourhood investment fund for Carling), and Outdoor Classroom Day (a global day to get over 20m children outdoors to learn & play at school, in partnership with Unilever and a network of NGOs). Last year we ran the Offline Festival for community businesses.
5. Benefits & Further Details
In this role, you will be working closely with the Head of Campaigns and the campaigns team. You will have significant opportunities for personal development and play an important role in developing and nurturing our community.
We have a lot of fun, with drinks evenings, picnics & team away days. Community volunteering is actively encouraged with each team member having 2 days per year to volunteer, and at least 2 days to visit community projects to find out more about how Semble can help them, and to collect stories and content for social media and the Semble platform.
Other benefits include:
• £22,000 – £25,000 p.a depending on experience
• Central London location, with option of working remotely for part of the time
• 25 days holiday allowance p.a
• Pension contribution
• Clear training opportunities and career path progression
• Discretionary bonus scheme, related to business performance
• Shared gym membership
Apply through CharityJobs HERE.
Deadline to apply: 17 November 2019, 11.59pm
We believe that a passionate team will help us reach our goal of bringing people together to make change happen.
Please share this far and wide with anyone you think might be interested in joining us!