Waste 101 – Waste & Recycling Mastermind
Interested in finding out about what actually happens to your recycling and whether alternative materials like plant-based plastics really are the solution?
With Blue Plant and the War on Plastics firmly in the collective conscience; the realities and complexities of recycling and waste disposal have been highlighted.
For businesses and individuals alike it can feel very confusing and hard to know what to do for the best, so lets dispel the myths and get to grips with the greenwash!
Event organisers, business owners and green champions, join Livvy Drake (Sustainable Sidekicks) and Emilie Woodger- Smith, (Simply Sustainable) who will be sharing their experience from managing and auditing event, office and household waste as well as behaviour change campaigns.
Come with your questions, and let’s remove the confusion and provide you with the solutions and confidence to navigate your business, event and household waste systems.
At the end you will feel:
- Prepared to return to the office
- Resolute in conversations with your colleagues and contractors
After this session you will know how to:
- Identify where your waste goes
- Navigate bio and compostable materials
- Improve recycling rates
- Inspire behaviour change
- Tackle waste in your supply chain and shopping trolley
- Address the impacts of COVID-19 on waste management
Reflecting the current situation this mastermind has a tiered pricing system starting at the price of a coffee (an oat milk decaf latte, not a black Americano!)
10% of all proceeds will go to Wasteaid www.wasteaid.org
- Still working and being paid £49
- Furloughed income £25
- Lunch £9.50
- The price of a cup of coffee and cake £5.50
- The price of a cup of coffee £3.50