Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership
Event Category: Training course
Level 3 Certificate dates: 2020 – 11th, 12th, 25th, 26th June, 8th & 9th October, 2021: 11th, 12th, 18th & 19th March
Cost £790 per person, includes one year’s membership of the Forest School Association.
The level 3 course represents the industry standard for those that wish to lead their own forest school sessions. We have developed this course together with Kindling Play and Training.
Lily of Kindling and Harriet of Scotswood Garden have used their many years of experience in delivering Forest School and Forest School training programmes to develop a new format for the NOCN Level 3 (RQF) course that excites and inspires participants, whilst providing all the theory, skills and knowledge necessary to set up and lead a Forest School programme. The course guides learners through an enjoyable, supportive learning process with clear, easy to understand teaching materials. The course is taught inside and outside, through a mixture of games, practical activities, reflection and creative presentations.
Learners are assessed in their learning through the submission of 20 bite sized assessment tasks, completed throughout the course. Some tasks will be completed during the training and some will be written up in between the taught sessions. Participants on the course will need to plan and deliver 6 Forest School sessions with the same group of children.
This Forest School Level 3 course is aimed at individuals who have a minimum Level 2 qualification in Youth Work, Child Care, Teaching, or relevant experience in working with children.
“An absolutely amazing journey that has opened my eyes, mind and soul to the benefits of Forest School”
“The trainers had a fantastic ability to put people at ease and support them on this incredible journey”
“The approach was very in keeping with the course and the content”
“Lily and Harriet were both inspiring!”
“Taught in a clear, supportive manner. Harriet and Lily always offering to aid and support each individual”
“Have absolutely 100% loved every second. So excited to get going with Forest School!
- 10 taught days (5 x 2 day blocks) of teaching spread over 9 months
- Written work: learners complete and submit 20 written tasks throughout the course. The last of these tasks are submitted 3 months after the last day of training.
- Support and advice available by telephone or email throughout the course.
- Before the last day of training, learners need to complete a separate 2 day ITC first aid course (not included in price).
- During the last 4 days of training, learners will demonstrate their practical skills and work together to deliver a session that demonstrates the ethos of forest school.
For more information or to book a place on the course please contact Harriet@sncg.org.uk or call for a chat on 0191 2750000