Dove’s CROWN UK Fund is offering grants of up to £20,000 to organisations who are working to eliminate barriers to progress for women and girls in the Black community and seeking to empower the next generation.
Funding is available to:
- UK-based grassroot organisations and/or programmes that are led by people who identify as Black/Black-mixed race.
- Work seeking to help create lasting change in the lives of Black women and/or girls.
- Projects aiming to celebrate and empower Black women and/or girls and eliminate barriers to success.
Organisations must already be established as a social enterprise, charity or community project and be engaged in impactful work in their community. They must also be able to demonstrate the impact of the funding and their methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
Projects applying must address one or more of the following issues/needs:
- Appearance based prejudice and discrimination
- Education and vocational training
- Emotional or psychological health
- Individual growth and success
- Leadership and career planning
Dove is keen to receive applications from any organisations that have an innovative and creative approach to the way they engage Black women and girls in their community. The projects funded should meaningfully involve the women and/or girls they support to reach their full potential and break down barriers to success. Dove is not looking for the best written application but the most compelling.
About The Fund
Area: Across the UK.
Suitable for: UK-based grassroot organisations and/or programmes that are led by people who identify as Black/Black-mixed race. Organisations must already be established as a social enterprise, charity or community project.
Funding size: up to £20,000.
Application deadline: 5pm Thursday 21st January.