Here at Semble, we’re keen to help people and organisations take forward their community impact ideas by providing a networking platform connecting people/projects. By enabling people to share resources and knowledge, Semble is a fun, interactive and value-added place to be. As always, it’s important to have a few house rules to make sure Semble works for all involved. As such, please feel free to take a peek at the points made below, which constitute our community guidelines and which were updated on 11 January 2019.
1. THE BORING BIT
1.2 “Content” in this Semble Community Guidelines includes any information, images, pictures, videos, graphics, sounds, software, files, or any item whatsoever that you post on the Site or otherwise make available or accessible to other Registered Users or non-registered users of the Site and the Semble Service (for example, by posting a link to that content).
1.3 Semble may revise these Semble Community Guidelines at any time by amending this page. When we do so, we will notify you of the fact that a change has been made on the home page of the Site and post a link there. Some of the provisions contained in these Semble Community Guidelines may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.
2. ACCEPTABLE USE
2.1 You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You will not post, upload, email or otherwise make available any Content on the Site or use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards (see section 2 below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
2.2 You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of the Semble Terms and Conditions;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site;
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party; or
- any private areas of the site.
3. CONTENT STANDARDS
3.1 These Content Standards apply to any and all Content which you contribute to our Site and to any Interactive Services associated with it (see section 4 below).
3.2 You must comply with the spirit of the following Content Standards as well as the letter. The Content Standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
3.3 Semble is a network focused on community activity. Content should therefore reflect this, and be relevant and/or helpful to our community of users. Content should:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in England and Wales and in any country from which they are posted; and
- be relevant and on-topic
3.4 In the spirit of the aim of this Site, the Projects and all Content must have a general focus of community action and positive impact. We may take down any Content that we consider to be not in the spirit of the Site without notice.
3.5 Content must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- contain advertisements or commercial content (unless expressly permitted by us);
- promote sexually explicit material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe another person’s rights;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to deceive anyone or used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- give the impression that they emanate from us.
4. INTERACTIVE SERVICES
4.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- chat rooms;
- bulletin boards;
- apps; and
- webinars (“Interactive Services”).
4.2 The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
4.3All content is the sole responsibility of the person who originated the content. Semble does not commit to monitor any Interactive Service or Content. We are a community site and encourage members of our community to report any inappropriate Content they see to us so we can take action. Equally, Semble retain the right to remove unsuitable Content, should such Content come to their attention.
5. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION
5.1 We will determine, at our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Semble Community Guidelines through your use of our Site. When a breach of these guidelines has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
5.2 Failure to comply with these Semble Community Guidelines constitutes a material breach of the SembleTerms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site; and
- further action such as legal proceedings if we deem it appropriate.
5.3 We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Semble Community Guidelines. The responses described in these guidelines are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
6. CONTACTING US
If in your use of the Site and/or the Semble Service you see anything that appears to breach these Semble Community Guidelines, please contact us to inform us of it by using the ‘Report’ link available on every content item (see also ‘Report An Issue’ on the site) or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not misuse this function.