The Bright Ideas Fund supports new community business ideas through the start-up and planning stages with tailored business support, to the implementation stage with grants of up to £15,000.
The Bright Ideas Fund is funded by Power to Change, the independent trust supporting community businesses in England, and delivered by Locality, the national network for community organisations, in partnership with Co-operatives UK, the Plunkett Foundation and Groundwork UK.
- The four key features of the community business are:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to local community
- Trading for the benefit of the local community
- Broad community impact
What they fund
- Community businesses established for 5 years or less
- Incorporated or unincorporated organisation with a community business idea.
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Community Benefit Society
- Community Interest Company Limited byShares
- Community Interest Company Limited byGuarantee
- Co-operative Society
- Registered Charity
- Company Limited by Shares
- Company Limited by Guarantee
Funding size: Up to £15.000
Application start: 26 February 2020
Application deadline: 7 April 2020.