7. Rebuilding London
7. Rebuilding London
Blog Category: Campaign update
Climate Action 7 (#Love London. Love the World.)
Target audience: Key Stage 2 – cross-curricular
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Read the cartoon strip about Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities.
- Before you start your main unit of work in section 2 discuss what a sustainable city means to you.
- See if you can you use these ideas in section 2?
- Rebuilding London
You’ll learn about fascinating rebuilds in this unit. You’ll also learn about modern building in London, focusing on how we build for a sustainable future. Subjects include; Dance; Geography; History; Design & Technology; Computing; Science; Citizenship; Literacy; Art & Design
With special mention to Caroline Freedman (Primary Author of the London Curriculum for Primary Schools), Dr Helen Saddler, Architectural Association, Be Open, DDMix, Lego Education, little architect, Mayor’s Fund for London, www.thirteen.co.uk.
- Background to this resource
This project aims to:
- Connect London’s schools to great resources based on their city and
- To suggest ways to introduce a global perspective to their work.
Each blog will be based on two major curriculum resources available freely to teachers:
- The London Curriculum– developed by experts in their field working in partnership with the Mayor of London and his Education and Youth team.
- The World’s Largest Lesson– produced by Project Everyone in partnership with Unicef to help schools address three major challenges:
- End extreme poverty
- Fight inequality and injustice
- Tackle climate change
Each blog will aim to provide ways for teachers to reflect on these big issues through their own contexts, subject areas and from a London perspective.
- London’s National Park City launches in July 2019. Find out more.
- Outdoor Classroom Day: 23/05/19. Sign up to Outdoor Classroom Day
- London Climate Action Week: 1st-8th July 2019
Thanks to the teams at City Hall and Project Everyone for providing these great resources. Some of my blog has been adapted from their websites.