- The National Lottery Awards For All provides funding between £300 and £10,000 for voluntary or community organisations in the UK.
They are especially looking for projects that help:
- Bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- Improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- Help more people to reach their potential, by supporting them at the earliest possible stage
In response to the current public health crisis, the National Lottery have pledged to help support the community response to COVID-19:
“All funding decisions we make for the next six months will prioritise getting funding to groups best placed to support their communities at this vital time focusing initially on existing grant-holders and applicants.”
This means they will prioritise applications from:
- Organisations supporting people who are at high risk from COVID-19
- Organisations supporting communities most likely to face increased demand and challenges as a direct result of COVID-19
- Organisations with high potential to support communities with the direct and indirect impact of COVID-19
It is still possible to make an application for work that is not related to COVID-19. However National Lottery have stated that “there is likely to be greater competition for our funding and that we might not be able to get back to you for a period of up to 6 months“.
What They Fund
- Voluntary or community organisation
- Registered charity
- Constituted group or club
- Not-for-profit company or Community Interest Company
- School (as long as your project benefits and involves the communities around the school)
- Statutory body (including town, parish and community council)
Funding size: £300 to £10,000
Application deadline: Ongoing – the focus on COVID-19 related applications will be until at least October 2020
Due to the quickly changing situation be sure to check trusted websites such as Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK Government Response for all necessary advice and information.
You can find out more about the support available to individuals affected by coronavirus here.